I’ve always enjoyed drawing, and try to practise it as much as I can. I definitely have a long way to go, but I thought I’d post some of the (mostly complete) sketches I’ve done over the past few years here, partly as a reminder to myself to keep adding to them.
I base most of my drawings on photographs rather than designing them from scratch (though I wish I could do that), and I tend to gravitate towards fashion photography and natural imagery, but almost anything that’s detailed, nuanced and textured captures my attention.
I based these drawings on the following images (from top left to bottom right):
- A photograph of Natalia Vodianova by Peter Lindbergh, for David Yurman’s 2008 Fall/Winter campaign
- A photograph by Tim Walker in the Vogue Italia editorial ‘A Private World’ (November 2008)
- A photograph of Jessica Sikosek by Krzysztof Frankiewicz for REVS Magazine
- A photograph of Louise Follain by Simon Nagel
- An edited photograph from Pinterest (artist unknown)
- A still of Emma Stone in La La Land
- A still of Benedict Cumberbatch in Sherlock
- A photograph of Frida Gustavsson in Vogue Brazil (October 2014)
- A still of Léa Seydoux in Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol